- Expert Group
European Network for Psychosocial Crisis Management – Assisting Disabled in Case of Disaster
Duration: 01.01.2013 - 31.12.2014
The project EUNAD aims toward the implementation and preparation of EU human rights-related assistance programmes for disabled survivors of disasters on the basis of existing guidelines, e.g. the products of former European projects EUTOPA and EUTOPA IP (IMPACT Guidelines for Early Intervention and for uniformed services, Target Group Intervention Program (TGIP) for large-scale damage situations, more information -www.eutopa-info.eu).
The objectives of EUNAD are:
1. Evaluation: Networks of associations for disabled; analysis of literature on research about disabled in psychotraumatology; analysis of European projects on inclusive disaster management
2. Research: Qualitative studies on visually and hearing impaired people in general
3. Workshops: Extension of the European network for psychosocial crisis management via inclusion of associations for handicapped in one local workshop in each participating country and two international workshops. First meeting will involve an expert panel organized by the International Trauma Coalition in Israel, followed by three workshops for data collection and consensus process. The first workshops will be on the local level to link to national associations of disabled persons. The second workshop will be European with the basic task to formulate EUNAD recommendations for psychosocial crisis management for visually and hearing impaired people. The third workshop will integrate the experiences from the pilot trainings to create the second draft of EUNAD recommendations
4. EUNAD Recommendations and Task Force: Recommendations on Psychosocial support of visually and hearing impaired people after disaster. Creation of an EUNAD taskforce that may serve as a precursor to a CECIS module development. Results from all tasks will be integrated to define EUNAD recommendations that serve as a basic framework agreement for the EUNAD taskforce.
5. Pilot Training: Training of different vocational groups in EUNAD recommendations with special attention to visually and hearing impaired people. Potential trainees are officials responsible for disability management, uniformed services, social workers and mental health professionals. Outstanding experts in the pilot trainings will be one source to create the EUNAD taskforce.